Did working as a carpenter expose you to asbestos? Get a free case review below if you have an asbestos illness.
A man in Great Britain recently died of mesothelioma, an aggressive cancer caused by exposure to asbestos, according to the Evening Post on July 3, 2008. The man had been a carpenter until he retired at the age of 65.
His job as a carpenter involved working on building sites and renovating old houses, and the work was often dirty and filled with asbestos dust.
Asbestos was used widely in construction materials such as insulation board, asbestos cement, and floor and ceiling tiles.
Fibers may be released if these products are cut or damaged.
According to his wife, the man spoke often about working with his brother, cutting up asbestos sheets. She said that he remembered them both being covered in dust and that they had no protection masks.
Sadly, as the lawyers in the Weitz & Luxenberg Asbestos Litigation unit have seen through their work, this is a common example of people who were exposed to carcinogens simply because the powers that be failed to have in place routine safety measures.
Weitz & Luxenberg is a leading plaintiffs' law firm that has represented people affected by mesothelioma cancer for over 20 years. Men and women diagnosed with mesothelioma or lung cancer caused by asbestos exposure may be entitled to compensation from the companies responsible for their disease.
If you would like a free consultation or more information about your legal options, please complete the form on this page, and a representative of our law firm will contact you as soon as possible.