Charleston Lawsuit: Woman Died from Cleaning Asbestos-Laden Clothes
In yet another tragic case involving the dangers of asbestos, a woman has filed a lawsuit in Charleston, which alleges that a West Virginia woman who died from the asbestos-related disease mesothelioma, was exposed to the carcinogen while laundering the clothes of her husband, Orla Doak, reports the West Virginia Record.
According to the Record, Doak's clothes were ridden with asbestos dust, which he came in contact with while working
for UB West Virginia, Inc., which was formerly named Union Boiler Company, and
previous to that named Vimasco Corporation.
Many people develop mesothelioma through second-hand exposure, as in this case, after coming in contact with the asbestos fibers when washing the clothes of someone who worked with it. Such cases can be immensely difficult to prove, yet Weitz & Luxenberg consistently prevails despite many obstacles.
If you or someone you know has been injured by asbestos, please complete the form on this page for a free case evaluation. We will be in touch shortly.