Residents of El Cajon, California's Greenfield Mobile Home Estates Exposed to Asbestos
When the Greenfield Mobile Home Estates clubhouse was remodeled in 2004, the
residents of this community in San Diego County knew there was a problem. They
have since found out the problem was much larger, and more dangerous, than they
could have imagined. The Greenfield residents were exposed to dangerous asbestos dusts and fibers, which are known to
cause diseases such as mesothelioma,
asbestos-related lung cancer, and asbestosis.
In recalling the events regarding the demolition, residents recalled that dark colored cars and trucks near the club house were white with dust.
Another resident called the San Diego County Air Pollution Control District to voice her concerns. While the inspector who came to view the site did not initially see any evidence of asbestos, he reported seeing “piles of flooring and black garbage bags with ceiling tiles that tested positive for asbestos” on a return visit.
As a result of the improper remediation, the companies involved were fined $27,000 for failing to take the proper precautions to protect the people in the Greenfield community. 180 Greenfield residents have since filed a lawsuit against the companies.
If you worked at a job where you were exposed to asbestos and have been diagnosed with an asbestos disease such as mesothelioma or lung cancer, you depend on your medical team to provide the best care for your illness.
You also need a highly qualified team of asbestos lawyers to fight for you.
Fill out the form below and we'll start the process of filing a lawsuit to cover your medical bills, pain and suffering and other expenses.