Many housewives were exposed to asbestos while washing their husband's work
Few people are aware of the risks of second-hand exposure to
asbestos, including housewives who breathed in the dust and fibers after washing the clothes of someone who worked
directly with the deadly carcinogen.
It is common knowledge now that asbestos is a deadly substance that can cause
asbestosis, lung cancer and mesothelioma. Housewives are at risk because
family members who were laborers, including carpenters, construction workers and
tracked asbestos into the home on their shoes and work overalls.
Their wives and daughters who did the laundry breathed in the asbestos dust
and fibers while laundering their workpants.
This type of exposure is known as
second-hand exposure, and has resulted in many women developing asbestos related diseases.
Weitz & Luxenberg’s asbestos
attorneys have represented several clients in cases of secondary exposure,
including a case where a wife was diagnosed with mesothelioma after years of
asbestos exposure simply from washing her husband’s work clothes.
We were able
to secure her a settlement from over 20 defendants for several million
Please complete the form on this page for a free lawsuit review of your potential case. A
representative of our firm will be in touch shortly.