Asnestos Lung Cancer Clinics: You Deserve the Best
Choosing the right clinic to receive treatment for your asbestos lung cancer is obviously an important decision, and it may seem overwhelming if you were just recently diagnosed with the disease. Weitz & Luxenberg understands how difficult it can be. There are a number of different factors to consider which are based on your individual needs and situation.
In order to help you, or your family member, with this crucial decision, we have put together a list of highly reputable lung cancer clinics. The treatment centers you will find on this page are some of the best in the field.
Along with choosing the right clinic, you will need to pursue legal action against the companies that caused your illness as soon as possible. The sooner you seek legal counsel, the sooner your case can be processed, as pursuing compensation tends to take time. For over two decades, Weitz & Luxenberg has handled many major asbestos-related cases, and attained $3 billion in verdicts and settlements for people who, like you, or your family member, were carelessly exposed to asbestos by their employers.
We can help you achieve the compensation you need to help with medicals bills and other related expenses.
Listing of notable lung cancer clinics:
- Mayo Clinic Cancer Center
Contact Information: http://www.mayoclinic.org/contact/
The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center is designated as a comprehensive cancer center by the National Cancer Institute in recognition of its patient care and research capabilities. Mayo also leads the North Central Cancer Treatment Group, a major collaborative clinical research group. Through these and other affiliations, Mayo Clinic helps develop and test new lung cancer therapies through clinical trials.
- Cancer Institute, NYU Langone Medical Center
Contact Information: http://ci.med.nyu.edu/contact/numbers
The NYU Cancer Institute takes a multidisciplinary approach to patient care. It features a research program that brings together laboratory scientists and clinical researchers to bring the latest advances in cancer care to its patients.
- City of Hope Cancer Center
Contact Information: www.cityofhope.org
The City of Hope Cancer is one of the only 40 National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers nationwide and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. An independent biomedical research, treatment and education institution, the City of Hope is a major leader in the fight against cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Some important things to consider when choosing a clinic (From the Mayo Clinic):
- Obtain a referral from a trusted physician or another patient with lung cancer. They can be excellent sources for finding the most reliable specialists.
- Check on the physician's credentials. The American Medical Association's DoctorFinder for Patients offers detailed information about most physicians' education and experience. Look for physicians with expertise not just in cancer, but also in lung cancer.
- Comprehensive Cancer Center meets the highest standards of care, research, and treatment.
- Are there clinical trials from which I might benefit? There are many clinical trials ongoing for people with lung cancer. It's a good idea to talk to your doctor about this option.
- How far away is the center? Remember, you may need to go there frequently for treatment and follow-up, so you will need reliable transportation or someone to drive you to the center. You may also want to inquire about financial assistance for travel.
Financial compensation for your medical expenses
Financial compensation from an asbestos lawsuit can help cover your medical expenses. It can also help to make sure that you and your family are financially stable during the entire duration of your treatment.
The bottom line is that the companies that made you sick, knew that you were going to get sick. They intentionally did nothing to protect you. Weitz & Luxenberg believes that this is an awful offense. We can help you hold the companies that caused your lung cancer accountable.
Take action today and fill out the form below to get started. A representative of our firm will contact you shortly.