Medical malpractice lawsuit: Child almost dies after hospital's failure to diagnose swallowed magnets
Get a free legal review of your case via the form below if you were the victim of failure to diagnose.
A toymaker has agreed to pay more than $1 million in a case involving a dangerous product and a hospital's failure to diagnose a child's ailment.
A 4-year-old boy began vomiting on Aug. 2, 2005. When it didn't stop after three days, he was taken by ambulance to the hospital, where doctors were unable to diagnose his ailment, said the Sacramento Bee on May 13, 2008.
According to the Bee, an ambulance was again called the next morning, and the boy was found on the toilet attempting to have a bowel movement while vomiting. He was again taken to the hospital and into emergency surgery.
The surgeon found and removed two magnets stuck together within the pelvis. The boy's parents identified the magnets as coming from a toy he had received the previous Christmas.
The boy would have died within hours if not for the surgery, said the article.
If you or a family member has experienced medical malpractice due to the negligence of a doctor, nurse, or another health care professional, please complete the form below for a free legal review of your case. A representative of our firm will be in touch with you shortly.
Meningitis Settlement $7.3 M Verdict for Child with Undiagnosed Meningitis Secured by Weitz and Luxenberg Lawyers
Meningitis lawyers at Weitz & Luxenberg achieved $7.3M settlement for Weitz & Luxenberg
$1 Million Failure to Diagnose Verdict Hospital Malpractice: Failure to Diagnose When Child Swallows Toy
Child almost dies after failure to diagnose. Get a free legal review
Failure to Diagnose Failure to diagnose result in your injury? Our lawyers can help.
Weitz & Luxenberg medical malpractice lawyers provide help if you were injured by your doctor's failure to diagnose.