We're standing by & we can help. It's free and confidential.*
In 2000, a jury awarded $9.8 million to the family of an electrician who died of asbestos-related cancer after years of employment in New York’s power plants.
Weitz & Luxenberg lawyers Robert Gordon and Michael Roberts tried the case. They said that the deceased, Dominick Fazio, had inhaled asbestos particles during more than 20 years of working with asbestos-containing boilers in power generating plants for the city of New York.
A New York Law Journal article that covered the story, quoted Gordon as saying, “He worked in areas where he was exposed to asbestos products. In late 1998, he got mesothelioma, which is a cancer from asbestos. Unfortunately, he died prior to the trial.”
Reportedly, the boilers had been installed in the 14th Street Powerhouse, one of the places where Mr. Fazio worked.
Mr. Fazio, who lived on Long Island, was diagnosed with mesothelioma at age 71. He died on March 13, at 72. The case was brought by his widow and three grown children.
From shipfitters, pipefitters and demolition workers, to those toiling on railroads and in construction, Weitz & Luxenberg has many clients whose needless and entirely avoidable exposure to asbestos ultimately led to them developing asbestos-related diseases.
Weitz & Luxenberg is a leading plaintiffs’ law firm that has represented people affected by mesothelioma for over 20 years. Men and women diagnosed with mesothelioma or lung cancer caused by asbestos exposure in America and Canada may be entitled to compensation from the companies responsible for their disease. If you would like a free consultation or more information about your legal options, please complete the form, and a representative of our law firm will contact you as soon as possible.
The family of a former Navy shipfitter who died earlier this year of mesothelioma received a verdict of against a manufacturer of boilers that were insulated with asbestos.
Two men sought help after getting cancer due to asbestos-tainted products. Crane Co., the product manufacturer, acted recklessly and with conscious disregard for safety. W&L is relentless in ensuring that innocent victims are not brushed aside.
I appreciate your kindness and concern in your efforts to bring some peace of mind after the passing of my husband from asbestos. Thank you again for all your work and kindness at this difficult time.
We worked with more than 31,000 clients who had asbestosis or pleural disease.Mesothelioma and Asbestos