Car Accident Causes
Many factors can result in a car accident, and sometimes multiple causes contribute to a single car accident. Car accident factors include the following:
- Driver distraction, including fiddling with technical devices, talking with passengers, eating or grooming in the car, dealing with children or pets in the back seat, or attempting to retrieve dropped items.
- Driver impairment by tiredness, illness, alcohol or other drugs, both legal and illegal. MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) is an organization made up of the families of the dead who were killed in car accidents caused by drunk drivers.
- Mechanical failure, including flat tires or tires blowing out, brake failure, axle failure, steering mechanism failure.
- Road conditions, including foreign obstacles or substances on the road surface; rain, ice, or snow making the roads slick; road damage including pot holes.
- Speed exceeding safe conditions, such as the speed for which the road was designed, the road condition, the weather, the speed of surrounding motorists, and so on.
- Road design and layout. Some roads are notorious for being accident "black spots" for a whole variety of reasons, many subtle and not necessarily immediately obvious. These include alignment, visibility, camber and surface conditions, road markings, etc. Finding out the causes for a repeated series of accidents on the same stretch of road is becoming a science in itself.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a traffic accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Fill out this short form for a FREE LEGAL REVIEW within 24 hours.
Motorcycle Accident Trends A motorcycle accident injury requires legal advice. Free case review
Our law firm will protect your interests after a motorcycle accident
Ambulance A speeding ambulance can cause a crash and injuries. Free lawsuit info
Free legal consultation for injuries received in an ambulance crash
Learn More Car Crash Law - Basic Information
Injured in a car crash? You may be entitled to financial compensation.