Compensation is available for those injured by hospital error malpractice: Weitz & Luxenberg can help
Dennis McCaffrey, a 38 year-old postal employee and resident of Lemont, Illinois, went in for a necessary spinal surgery at Loyola University Medical Center. Two weeks after, Dennis began experiencing fever and intense back pain, which prompted him to go back to the hospital. It was then when the hospital noticed a spinal abscess they should have caught earlier. By this time, it was too late – Dennis McCaffrey is spending the rest of his life in a wheelchair. Had Dennis and his wife not hired a lawyer, they would have had to endure the expenses and pain and suffering of the ordeal without any kind of compensation. Together they sued the hospital over the error on the grounds of medical malpractice. Loyola University Medical Center settled on the sum of $10.5 million in compensation for Dennis and his wife (Chicago Tribune).
Weitz & Luxenberg can help those seriously injured by hospital errors. The law is on your side in cases of medical malpractice and compensation is available for those who have been injured. Contact Weitz & Luxenberg today for a free legal consultation.
What can go wrong in a hospital?
Approximately 195,000 people are killed each year from hospital-related errors. These include, but are not limited to (Natural News):
- Misdiagnosis – treating a patient for something they do not have or failure to treat the patient for something they do have.
- Oversight of a possible problem (this was the case with Dennis McCaffrey mentioned above)
- Improper use of medical devices – this is especially severe in the case of births where improper use of medical devices can result in crimpling birth injuries
- Negligent care – such as forgetting about a patient or ignoring him or her when they desperately need medical attention
- Improperly sterilized medical devices – this can result in serious infections
- Leaving a foreign object in the patient – this can occur during a lengthy and complicated operation
How Weitz & Luxenberg can help you
Weitz & Luxenberg can help you get compensation for a hospital error that resulted in serious injury. Just like Dennis McCaffrey, we can fight to get you compensated for expenses such as:
- Loss of income during recovery
- Loss of future income due to forced retirement
- Any necessary devices or medication needed as a result of the incident
- Pain and suffering for you and your loved ones
- Any hired help needed as a result for of the incident
- Any out-of-pocket expenses related to the incident
To start, simply fill out the form on this page for your free legal consultation. It is easy, quick, and does not bind you our law firm in any way. Once you have submitted the form, a representative from Weitz & Luxenberg will be in touch to go over your options with you.
With over two decades of experience in malpractice cases and millions of dollars in favorable verdicts and settlements, Weitz & Luxenberg is confident that we can provide you with the legal support you need to get the financial compensation you deserve.
Wrongful Death Our law firm can get compensation for wrongful death due to medical malpractice
Medical Malpractice can result in severe injury and wrongful death. The law firm of Weitz & Luxenberg can help you.
New York Medical Malpractice Weitz & Luxenberg has skilled medical malpractice attorneys on-call in New York: we can get you the compensation you deserve
The New York law firm of Weitz & Luxenberg can help you pursue your medical malpractice case.
Medical Malpractice Our medical malpractice lawyers can help you gain compensation
Injured by medical malpractice? Trust Weitz & Luxenberg to help you get compensation.