Lawsuit Awards and Settlements: IRS Tax Law
Weitz & Luxenberg wants to ensure our clients have all the information they need to understand how to report their large settlements and lawsuit verdicts to the IRS.
This information from the Internal Revenue Service does not consitute legal advice.
We provide this document for informational purposes only. If you need help with your taxes, contact a tax attorney or an accountant.
To contact us on a non-tax-related issue, fill out this form.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1, Issues
- Chapter 2, Taxability of Lawsuit Payments
- Chapter 3, Other Related Topics
- Chapter 4, Sources of Information
- Chapter 5, Third Party Contacts and Summons Information
- Chapter 6, Building the Case File
- Chapter 7, Examination Considerations
- Chapter 8, Penalties
- Chapter 9, Form 1099-MISC - Reporting Requirements
- Chapter 10, Quick Cite and Brief Synopsis Of Litigated Cases
Ch.9: Reporting IRS Tax Law: Lawsuit & Settlements, help to report your compensation.
IRS- Tax day help for large settlements & lawsuit verdicts - Chapter 9
Ch.1: Issues IRS Tax Law: Lawsuit Awards and Settlements, how to report your compensation
IRS- Help with your large settlements and lawsuit verdicts - Chapter 1
Clinical Trials Client Area: Clinical Trials from CenterWatch
Research information about clinical trials from CenterWatch