Weitz & Luxenberg lawyers can help with your lead poisoning lawsuit
It is all too easy to think of lead poisoning lawsuits as a thing of the past. We have long known the dangers associated with lead paint, and everyone has heard the horror stories of curious children who ate paint chips and experienced brain and nervous system damage.
It seems like a distant tale about the ignorance of generations past, but the harsh reality is that these cases still exist, like the two NY mothers who won a $21 million verdict in 2008.
Products containing lead are still out there causing damage, and Weitz & Luxenberg believes this is an injustice that cannot continue to stand under any circumstances. It is inexcusable that, knowing what we do, we still endanger children in this way.
Even adults can suffer from lead poisoning. Symptoms of lead poisoning in adults include reproductive problems, high blood pressure, hypertension, nerve disorders, memory and concentration problems, and pain in muscles and joints.
Coming in contact with lead dust or particulates is easier than you might think. Below is a list of places and things that may expose you to lead:
- Lead plumbing
- Private wells
- Lead service pipes from local water utility
- Paint chips/dust from deteriorating paint cans
- Soil near roadways that may be contaminated by leaded gasoline
- Homes, schools & daycare facilities built before 1978 that may still contain lead-based paintPlayground equipment painted with lead-based paint (older playgrounds)
- Artificial turf made of shredded rubber
- Antique furniture and toys
- Renovation sites where walls painted with lead-based paint are being demolished
- Folk remedies like greta, azarcon, nzu, poto, and Calabash Chalk, all of which are used for upset stomach or morning sickness
It is especially upsetting that a product intended to ease an expectant mother's daily suffering may cause her a lifetime of agony, guilt and regret when it damages her developing child.
Help is available
If you are interested in filing a lead poisoning lawsuit, Weitz & Luxenberg wants to help. Simply fill out your free lead poisoning case evaluation on this page, and one of our experienced attorneys will be in touch to help you. With over two decades of litigation experience, including millions of dollars in favorable verdicts and settlements in the area of toxic torts, our specialized attorneys are confident we can provide you with the legal assistance you need to get the compensation you deserve.
Lead Poisoning News Lead Poisoning News
Lead Poisoning News Center
Contaminated Sites Lead Contamination Sites
Lead Contamination Sites
Arsenic Arsenic Lawsuit - What those affected need to know about getting help
Arsenic can cause serious harm - Find out if you qualify for a lawsuit