Interior designer who toured construction sites dies of mesothelioma. Discuss your asbestos case with our lawyers.
In recent news about mesothelioma and other asbestos diseases, a retired interior designer who died of asbestos-related lung cancer was exposed when he visited construction sites and breathed in the deadly asbestos fibers and dust.
The designer, 86, died on May 6 of mesothelioma cancer, which he contracted from his time working in interior design and renovation.
The renovator had worked for 40 years for two design and renovation companies.
His work was designing and overseeing projects for shops, banks and office buildings.
He was never personally involved in the construction, but he would often visit construction sites to assess the progress of the renovation work.
Asbestos is often in old fireproofing, roofing, vinyl flooring, pipe and boiler insulation, and some roads and cement pipe and cement sheet products.
Thousands of construction workers and those who have been on sites of such projects have died from diseases caused by work with — or near — asbestos without protection, according to OSHA.
And the agency reported that 10,000 people are expected to die each year for the next 10 years because of past exposures to asbestos.
Many interior designers and renovators have come forward to say their work environment led to a diagnosis of mesothelioma, asbestosis or lung cancer from asbestos.
If this has been your experience, we may be able to help.
For over two decades, Weitz & Luxenberg P.C. has handled some of the most legally complicated and groundbreaking asbestos litigation in the country. Men and women diagnosed with mesothelioma or lung cancer caused by asbestos exposure or secondary exposure may be entitled to compensation from the companies responsible for their disease.
If you would like a free consultation or more information about your legal options, please complete the form on this page, and a representative of our law firm will contact you as soon as possible.