Clinical Trials for Mesothelioma Patients: Cisplatin, Imatinib Mesylate, and Pemetrexed
Read about a current clinical trial being conducted to study the effects of Cisplatin, Imatinib Mesylate, and Pemetrexed or patients who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma. Please note: this information is provided by Weitz & Luxenberg for informational purposes only. At this time, this study is only being conducted in Lille, France.
Cisplatin, Imatinib Mesylate, and Pemetrexed in Malignant Mesothelioma Patients
1. To determine the maximum tolerated dose of the combination of cisplatin, imatinib mesylate, and pemetrexed in metastatic malignant mesothelioma.
1. To explore the biologic effects of cisplatin, imatinib mesylate, and pemetrexed on tumor tissue by:
1. histologic analysis of biopsy tissue
2. by non-invasive assessments of tumor vascularity performed before, during and after treatment
3. electron microscopy analysis of endothelial cell architecture after patient treatment with imatinib mesylate
2. To explore the effects of cisplatin, imatinib mesylate, and pemetrexed on surrogate markers in serum.
3. To assess the rate of response to therapy.
4. To determine the doses of the combination regimen of cisplatin, imatinib mesylate, and pemetrexed that enables de-phosphorylation of PDGF-R on malignant mesothelioma tumor cells.
5. To determine the pharmacokinetic interaction between agents in this combination regimen.
Courtesy of ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health
Other helpful links:
Asbestos and lung cancer Asbestos and lung cancer
Mesothelioma attorney Mesothelioma attorney
Mesothelioma Lawyer Mesothelioma lawyer
Asbestos attorney Asbestos attorney