Clinical Trials for Mesothelioma Patients: Cisplatin, Imatinib Mesylate, and Pemetrexed Inclusion Criteria
Read about the inclusion criteria for a current clinical trial being conducted to study the effects of Cisplatin, Imatinib Mesylate, and Pemetrexed or patients who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma. Please note: this information is provided by Weitz & Luxenberg for informational purposes only. At this time, this study is only being conducted in Lille, France.
1. A written, voluntary informed consent form must be completed prior to beginning any study procedure.
2. Patients >/= 18 years of age.
3. Histologically documented diagnosis of malignant mesothelioma.
4. Performance status 0-2 (ECOG)
5. Pts must have adequate hepatic, renal,& bone marrow function, defined as the following:(1) total bilirubin =1.5XULN;(2) SGOT & SGPT< < ANC="2.5xULN;(3)creatinine">/= 1.5x10^9/L;(5) platelets>/=100 x 10^9/L.Note:Renal function is only based on serum creatinine level = method & 1.5xULN.The standard Cockcroft Gault formula measured glomerular filtration rate (GFR) using appropriate radiolabelled (51-CrEDTA Tc99m-DTPA) must to calculate for enrollment or dosing. The same @ baseline used throughout the study. CrCl should be>/= 45mg/dl.
6. Female patients of childbearing potential must have negative pregnancy test within 7 days before initiation of study drug dosing. Postmenopausal women must be amenorrheic for at least 12 months to be considered of non-childbearing potential. Male and female patients of reproductive potential must agree to employ an effective barrier method of birth control throughout the study and for up to 3 months following discontinuation of study drug.
7. Patients who have not received prior chemotherapy for their metastatic or recurrent unresectable malignant mesothelioma; with the exception of patients who have recurrent mesothelioma after induction chemotherapy followed by definitive treatment (surgery +/- radiotherapy). Patients must have had 2 or fewer cycles/doses of induction chemotherapy and must have had tumor response to the induction therapy.
8. Patients must have documented unresectable malignant mesothelioma (pleural or peritoneal).
9. Patients with treated brain metastasis who have stable brain disease (i.e. no steroids at least 4 weeks prior to study enrollment).
Courtesy of ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health
Other helpful links:
Asbestos and lung cancer Asbestos and lung cancer
Mesothelioma attorney Mesothelioma attorney
Mesothelioma Lawyer Mesothelioma lawyer
Asbestos attorney Asbestos attorney