Mesothelioma Treatment: Here is an non-drug exercise with the ball of energy.
• Close your eyes. Breathe slowly and feel yourself relax.
• Concentrate on your breathing. Breathe slowly and comfortably from your abdomen. As you breathe in, say silently and slowly to yourself, "In, one, two." As you breathe out, say, "Out, one, two." Breathe in this slow rhythm for a few minutes.
• Imagine a ball of healing energy forming in your lungs or on your chest. It may be like a white light. It can be vague. It does not have to be vivid. Imagine this ball forming, taking shape.
• When you are ready, imagine that the air you breathe in blows this healing ball of energy to the area of your pain. Once there, the ball heals and relaxes you.
• When you breathe out, imagine the air blows the ball away from your body. As it goes, the ball takes your pain with it.
• Repeat the last two steps each time you breathe in and out.
• You may imagine that the ball gets bigger and bigger as it takes more and more discomfort away from your body.
• To end the imagery, count slowly to three, breathe in deeply, open your eyes, and say silently to yourself, "I feel alert and relaxed." Begin by moving about slowly.
Problems that may occur with imagery are similar to the ones that occur with the relaxation techniques.
Courtesy of MESORFA