The Dangerous Side Effects of Paxil
Paxil is an prescription drug prescribed to treat the symptoms of depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).
After only taking Paxil for less than two days, a Wyoming man, Donald Schell, become violent, murdered his family and then took his own life. Read an account of the 1998 murder/suicide here.
Side effect of Paxil include:
- Mood changes such as anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, irritability, agitation, aggressiveness, severe restlessness, mania (mental and/or physical hyperactivity)
- Thoughts of suicide or self-harm
- Dizziness, weakness or balance and coordination problems
- General lethargy or weakness
- Sleep problems including both drowzienss and insomnia
- Symptoms of restlessness, agitation or confusion
- Tremors, muscle stiffness or twitching;
- Nausea, constipation, loss of appetite and/or weight changes;
- Decreased sex drive
- Allergic reactions such as skin rash or hives; difficulty breathing or swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat
Do you or someone you know have an injury related to taking Paxil? If so, do not wait to get compensation for your injuries. The law offices of Weitz & Luxenberg can help, simply fill out the simple form below for a FREE case evaluation.
Severe Withdrawal Symptoms Learn About Severe Paxil Withdrawal Symptoms
Even going off Paxil is harmful - A list of severe withdrawal symptoms
Medication Get all the Facts about the anti-depressant medication Paxil
All you need to know about the medication Paxil
Learn More Do you know the Paxil Dangers? Learn more & get a Paxil lawyer to help
Affected by Paxil? Let a Paxil lawyer at Weitz and Luxenberg help