Industry information leader Law.com, publisher of the National Law Journal and many state law journals, has recognized Weitz & Luxenberg as one of the top firms by number of appointments to federal multidistrict litigation (MDL) leadership positions.
W&L had 13 appointments by federal judges during the period review. Eight of those appointments were held by four women. Women made up 40% of the 30 lawyers who received appointments to more than three MDLs during 2016-2019, according to There Are New Faces Leading MDLs. And They Aren’t All Men.
Attorneys in recent MDLs for W&L include:
- Co-lead counsel in In Re Juul Labs, Inc., Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation, Northern District of California.
- Member of the Executive Committee In Re: National Prescription Opiate Litigation, Northern District of Ohio.
- Co-lead counsel in the now resolved In Re: Farxiga Products Liability Litigation in the Southern District of New York.
- Member of the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee of In Re: Invokana (Canagliflozin) Products Liability Litigation, U.S. District Court, New Jersey.
- State liaison counsel and member of the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in the Stryker LFIT V40 Femoral Head Products Liability Litigation in the District of Massachusetts.
- Co-lead counsel in the Roundup Products Liability MDL 2179 in the Northern District of California.
- Liaison counsel and member of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee of In re: Farxiga (Dapagliflozin) Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2776.
- Member of the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in In re: Dicamba Herbicides Litigation, MDL No. 2820, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. The PSC announced a $400 million settlement for clients in June 2020.
- Member of the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in In re: Aqueous Film Forming-Foam Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2873, United States District Court for the District of South Carolina.