Weitz and Luxenberg wants your visit to be a most satisfying one – and we want that to be the case each and every time you visit us.
We routinely check to see how well things worked as you navigated around our website and did any one of the following things:
- Fill in and submit a form
- Email us
- Join us in a live chat
- Stream audio or video content
- Create a user account with us
- Ask us to automatically notify you when we have news
- Follow us on Facebook and “like” us
- Follow us on Twitter/other social-media sites and share us with your friends
- Ask us for any kind of assistance or information
- Download or upload text, images, videos, or other types of files
You can choose to be anonymous when visiting our website. If so, we will not track you personally while you spend time with us on this website. Please be aware, however, that some of our website”s features may not operate correctly or at all if you visit anonymously.
Please be aware also that we always count the number of visitors to our website, whether they state their name or not. This information is stored in our web-server logs and is used to give us a big-picture view of our audience so that we can keep working hard to make our website the finest of its kind.
In addition to counting visitor heads, we also gather the following blind information (by blind we mean we do not associate the information with any individual user):
- Internet service provider you utilized to be able to come here
- General geographic area in which you are located
- Type of computer and browser you utilized during the visit
- Which website you visited before you clicked over to ours
- When you stopped by and how long you stayed
- Starting point of your visit (which page you viewed first)
- Which pages you looked at while you were here
- Which pages seemed to interest you most and least
- How many links you clicked while you were here
- How you searched for things of interest on our website
Whether it is information you share with us or information we gather as part of our anonymous head-counting, our promise to you is that we will exercise all due and reasonable care in keeping it private.
First, all information in our possession is housed on our own computers and hidden behind a security firewall. Only Weitz & Luxenberg employees and authorized agents have access to this information – and, at that, only as is reasonably necessary for the performance of their assigned tasks (which includes but is not limited to system maintenance and operation).
Next, we have installed a number of protective systems to prevent unauthorized, prying eyes from viewing information you share with us. Specifically, our server is outfitted with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This allows us to encrypt whatever you give us. Encrypting is like putting something in a vault. No one can unlock and open that vault except our webmaster and a select group of highly trusted employees and authorized agents.
Additionally, we do not give away, share, sell, rent, or lease your information to outside third-parties, with these exceptions:
- Persons to whom we are required to release information in accordance with the federal Children”s Online Privacy Protection Act or the California Online Privacy Protection Act or by court order
- Persons who need the information in order to help us serve your needs
- Outside attorneys who we reasonably believe will be able to assist you with legal matters not within our scope of practice or geographic practice area
- Transferees, assignees, and other recipients of our business assets in the event our law firm is sold, merged, acquired, or dissolved, or in the event divulging the information is essential to the preservation of our legal rights or property
Please note that it is not possible to guarantee absolute security of the information you entrust to us, and we make no claim to be able to provide a level of security beyond that which is reasonable under the totality of the circumstances.
We strongly advise that you not submit to us via this website or its associated email and live chat-room functions your Social Security number, driver’s license number, bank account number, debit or credit-card number, or any other information that could reasonably be characterized as sensitive. Weitz & Luxenberg does not request your sensitive information and therefore cannot be responsible for its security and confidentiality, nor will Weitz & Luxenberg be liable for any breaches thereof. Sensitive information you submit to Weitz & Luxenberg via this website or its associated email and live chat-room functions is submitted by you at your own risk.
As indicated previously, one reason we seek the information that we collect is to help us determine the changes in content and functionality we should make to our website so that your future visits are more satisfying. That is why we use what are known as “cookies.” A cookie (in computer parlance) is a tiny data file that a website offers to a visitor’s computer. The tiny data file allows the website to remember you so that the website can automatically serve you better the next time you stop by. For example, a website that remembers you from one visit to the next will know the kind of information you usually like to access, the format in which you prefer to download it, and the folder to which it should be sent on your desktop.
In other words, cookies are all about good service to you. However, you are under no obligation to accept our cookies. You may refuse them at any time simply by adjusting the settings on your browser to not accept cookies. Please be aware, however, that blocking cookies may prevent you from logging in, conducting content searches, listening to audio files, viewing videos, and downloading files, among other things.
You may contact us at (833) 544-0604, or at [email protected], or by writing to Webmaster c/o Weitz & Luxenberg, P.C., 700 Broadway, New York, NY 10003, to do any or all of the following:
- Discover the information, if any, that we may have collected about you
- Edit any collected information about you to make it fully accurate
- Request that any collected information about you be deleted
- Opt in or opt out of receiving from us communications related to your interests as we have understood them
By using this website, you also agree that we may contact you in response to inquiries you might submit to us directly or indirectly through this website.