Weitz & Luxenberg provides information on Actos bladder cancer
I’m a diabetic and am currently taking Actos to control my blood sugar. I’m concerned because I have heard that Actos can cause bladder cancer. Is this true?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns that “people that use the drug at higher cumulative doses for long periods of time may be at a higher risk of bladder cancer.” (The Wall Street Journal)
The manufacturer of the Actos, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, continues to stand by its product, but it has agreed to include the possible bladder cancer risk on Actos bottle labels. At present, Takeda is sponsoring a study which will specifically access the risk of bladder cancer due to frequent Actos use.
Weitz & Luxenberg is currently investigating the link between Actos and bladder cancer, and we’ll update this section as information is more readily available.
Facts about Actos
- Actos belongs to a class of prescription medications known as thiazolidinediones (thigh-ah-zo-li-deen-DYE-owns), which work to “help reduce insulin resistance; a common problem in those afflicted with type two diabetes.” (Actos)
- Actos “is available in three different dose levels,” (Actos) and the one that you take depends on your specific case of diabetes.
- Actos is a pill that is usually taken once a day, “with or without food.” that carries several possible side effects (Actos)
According to Actos, the Benefits of Actos include
- Actos, “along with diet and exercise, helps your body use its own insulin more effectively.” (Actos)
- In addition to treating diabetes Actos “may improve good cholesterol and triglycerides without consistent changes in bad cholesterol or total cholesterol.” (Actos) That said, Actos should not be classified as a cholesterol medication.
- Actos can be used as part of diabetes polytherapy, meaning that it can be “used in combination with certain other diabetes medicines such as sulfonylureas, metformin or insulin.” (Actos)
Talk to Us
If you would like to tell us more about your experience with Actos, please fill out the form below, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Bladder Cancer Symptoms Experiencing bladder cancer symptoms? Actos usage may be the cause.
If you take Actos, FDA warns there is an increased risk of bladder cancer symptoms. Are you experiencing symptoms of bladder cancer after prolonged Actos use?
Actos Suspended in Europe JAMA affirms Actos bladder cancer risks: File an Actos Lawsuit today
File an Actos lawsuit today. Weitz & Luxenberg informs clients that Journal of American Medicine affirms risk of bladder cancer.
Actos Bladder Cancer Actos Bladder Cancer and Actos Recall, Litigation, Lawyer and Lawsuits.
A recent FDA warning implies that diabetes drug Actos could be related to instances of actos bladder cancer. Visit Weitz & Luxenberg to learn more.